Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Hearts 4 Kids"


I was driving in the car the other day. I had the radio on 91.3 HIS Radio. I heard them talking about an outreach program that they are doing right now. It is called Hearts 4 Kids. They have asked that churches, schools, or any other type of group or just indiviuals who would be willing to make Valentine's Day cards for children that are in the hospital. They will deliver them to children for you. When my children were younger they were hospitalized several times. With my oldest we visited the hospital many times in her first three years of life. It was always nice to recieve gifts from people. No matter what the gift was it helped to know that someone was thinking about you. Just a simple card that said "Get Well Soon" meant so muc.



I decided that our family would break out the craft supplies and get to work. I have set a goal of 30 cards. We began folding paper, sticking stickers, tying ribbon, and stamping stamps today and in no time we had seventeen cards done.






Here is the link to HIS Radio's website with all of the details for "Hearts 4 Kids" in case anyone else is interested. I'm going to be mailing ours so if anyone else wants to make some I can always put them in the envelope with ours.

http://www.hisradio.com/headline/hearts-4-kids

No comments:

Post a Comment